Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page has moved to the DUNE wiki
- Joint DAQ/S&C/Offline meeting on October 20, 2014. Information includes a long list of questions that were brought up and clarified.
- DocDB 9677, Proposed Run Modes for the 35t test
- DocDB 9785, Report from RCE-Backend Mini-workshop
- DocDB 9591, 35t Phase-II Testing for August Readiness Review
- DocDB 9823, summary for plans in mid-Fall 2014
- FHICL Configuration Manager (Redmine at FNAL)
Run Modes (per DocDB 9677)
|Continuous main DAQ mode
|Similar to final 'triggerless' far detector running mode, i.e. parallel trigger farm looks for nice muons in real time. Needs ZS of TPC data to work.
|Triggered main DAQ mode
|Main selection is external trigger counter
|Immediate triggered mode
|Use TOC triggered mode (only outputs data in window) or SSP triggered mode to avoid bottleneck.
|This is a fallback option of there is bottleneck in either RCE or SSP data.
|Triggered window mode
|TPC in triggered non-zero suppressed mode
|Use before we are happy with ZS in RC
|Wide-window burst mode
|TPC in burst mode with the longest window possible (512MB buffer = 0.5s).
|Special run mode for offline ZS studies
|Collect data in certain time window (could either determine this from a Nova time hash function, or using Penn board trigger input
|Fallback before ZS works in RCE, this is also the mode for measuring noise, i.e. this is the mode for November vertical slice test
- Purposes and architecture of the proposed online farm
- Design of the metadata
- Handling TPC stream data within the framework which is trigger-oriented, issues of timing and multiple interaction in temporally close slices
- Possible necessity to duplicate parts of raw data to create overlaps, in order to make practical operation of the online farm